Kasim’s Monstrous Mulled Wine recipe!
- 2 apples
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1 tbs cardamom pods
- 1/2 cup cranberries
- 1 large orange, quartered
- additional orange wedges, cinnamon sticks
- Peel apples then slice in half. Put apples in a large bowl filled with cool water and a splash of lemon juice or apple cider vinegar. Carve out eyes using a scooper. Create nose and mouth using a small paring knife. Get creative with expressions!
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Place halved apples on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until apples are dry and begin to brown around the edges. Set aside and allow to cool.
- In a medium saucepan, combine water, cardamom pods, whole cloves and cinnamon sticks. Bring to a boil, then reduce to low and simmer. Squeeze the juice from the orange quarters into the simmering water.
- Pour in Sweet Shiraz and heat until steaming for 10 minutes. Remove the remaining cardamom pods, whole cloves and cinnamon stick. Pour into mugs, garnish with a cinnamon stick, orange wedge / piece and apple skull.
Categories : Cocktails