Red Velvet Cupcakes
PREP TIME: 45 minutes
SERVINGS: 12-14 cupcakes
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 1/4 cup flour
3/4 cup Jam Jar Sweet Shiraz
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup boiling water
5 ounces chocolate chips
2 sticks butter (room temperature)
4 large eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the cocoa powder and chocolate chips in a bowl and then add the boiling water, whisk until melted.
- In a separate bowl cream the butter and sugar together, and then beat in one egg at a time.
- Slowly mix in flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the melted chocolate and pour in Jam Jar Sweet Shiraz.
- Mix to ensure batter is fully combined and pour it into muffin tins.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Let the cupcakes cool before frosting.
Categories : Food