Achiote, Turmeric, Brown Sugar Ribs
- ½ slab of cleaned ribs
- dry rub mix
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 2 packets sazon with cilantro & achiote
To clean ribs: Rinse ribs in cold water then using a paper towel grab the membrane / film and pull off from meat of ribs. Once all or most of the membrane is removed prepare a cleansing soak: ¾ cup apple cider vinegar and 3 cups water. Place ribs in solution for 30 minutes. Do not rinse solution off but pat dry before seasoning.
Pro tip — the apple cider vinegar solution will not only clean the meat but minimize the porky-gamey flavor.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place ribs on baking sheet line with aluminum foil. Lather with spice mix on both sides, ensuring all crevices and creases of the ribs are coated.
- Wrap tightly with more aluminum foil. Bake for 1.5 hours.
- Serve sprinkled with flaky sea salt to taste.
(Wear gloves or cover hands with a plastic bag when applying the spice mix. Turmeric stains very easily – even the most minuscule amount of it!)
Categories : blog